General EB-1C Program Overview
The Employment Based First Preference Immigrant Visa Category (EB-1C) began in 1991. An eligible owner of a foreign and U.S. business, or an eligible executive or manager of a foreign business with operations in the U.S., can apply for EB-1C and become a U.S. Permanent Resident, along with his spouse and children.
- Within the past three years, applicant has worked as an executive or manager at a foreign company for at least one year
- U.S. business that is an affiliate or subsidiary of the foreign company
- U.S. business has been doing business and has a physical presence
- Job position with the U.S. business is for an executive or manager, and S. business can show that the business will support the position of the executive or manager
Benefits of EB-1C Program
- Ability to live, work, study or retire anywhere in the U.S.
- Children admitted to public universities at same tuition as U.S. residents/citizens
- Ability to sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Can qualify for U.S. citizenship after five years as a permanent resident
- No Visa Quota: There is currently no limit on the number of EB-1C visas issued
- Visa for Spouse and Children: Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 can also live, work and study in the U.S.
- Move to the U.S. quickly: EB-1C can be processed in as little as 12 months, allowing you to quickly relocate to the U.S.