General L-1A Visa Program Overview
The L-1A visa program began in 1970. The easiest way to benefit from the L-1A visa program is to invest in a new business (or “start-up”), or purchase at least 51% of an existing business in the United States. The L-1A Visa is a Non-immigrant visa for managers / executives of international companies with operations in the U.S. and abroad. Once granted, you and your family can live in the U.S. for up to seven years (with extensions).
L-1A Visa Application General Requirements
- Over the past three years, have worked as an executive or manager at a foreign company for at least one year
- Set up a U.S. business that has a “qualifying” relationship with a foreign company
- U.S. business has physical presence
- Job position with the U.S. business is for an executive or manager
- U.S. business can show that the successful business will support the position of the executive or manager within one year of the approval of the L-1A petition
Benefits of L-1A Visa
- You may qualify apply for an immigrant visa after securing an L-1A visa.
- No Visa Quota: There is currently no limit on the number of L-1A visas that can be issued
- Visa for Spouse and Children: Your spouse and your children can also live, work and study in the U.S. through family dependent L-2 visa
- Quickly move to the U.S.: L-1A and L-2 visas can be obtained in as little as 2 months allowing you and your family to quickly relocate to the U.S.