Overview of EB-5
After approval of your I-526 Petition, we then will work with you to handle visa processing through the U.S. Department of State and the American Institute in Taiwan (a different process is required if you are living in the U.S. at the time). This takes approximately 2-3 months and ends with an interview at AIT and the receipt of EB-5 visas for you, your spouse, and your children under 21.
Once you and your family enter the U.S., you will begin a 2-year period of conditional residency and then shortly after that receive your Lawful Permanent Resident cards. Near the end of the 2-year period, we will assist you in the filing of a second petition (I-829) for “removal of conditions”. This petition is filed with USCIS and includes comprehensive information on project and investment status and also on job creation. Once this petition for removal of conditions is approved (usually in about 2 years), the EB-5 immigration process has effectively been completed.
Summary of Our EB-5 Services
Our experienced attorneys and immigration consultants provide a wide variety of EB-5 consulting services, including:
- Step-by-step explanation of the immigration application and approval process.
- General guidance in choosing an investment project that, to the greatest extent possible, will result in a “green card” for you and your eligible family members, and the return of investment capital after the applicable investment period.
- Preliminary analysis of your assets to determine which assets could be used as investment capital.
- Careful review of all relevant information related to the background of you and your family.
- Prepare and file the I-526 Petition, with “source of funds” explanation and supporting documents, with USCIS.
- Visa application to the National Visa Center and prepare you for interview at the appropriate U.S. Consulate.
- Advise you on U.S. immigration matters during your two-year conditional resident period.
- Prepare and file I-829 Petition to remove conditional status at approximately the 21st month after you obtain conditional resident status.
Basic EB-5 Requirements
- Minimum investment amount of US$900,000 (or, less commonly, US$1,800,000 if not made in a “Targeted Employment Area”).
- Create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers.
- EB-5 investment funds must be lawfully obtained.
- No day-to-day management requirement.
- No business or management experience requirement.
- No minimum education, language, age or business background requirement.
- No excessive waiting periods or quota backlogs for Taiwan investors.
- Ability to live, work, study or retire anywhere in the U.S.
- Children admitted to public universities at same tuition as U.S. residents/citizens.
- Ability to sponsor relatives for permanent residence.
- Can qualify for U.S. citizenship after five years as a permanent resident.
Please contact us for more information.