We recently posted on Taiwan’s new same-sex marriage law and its limitations (article link here). In cases where a same-sex marriage in Taiwan is valid for U.S. immigration purposes, for example when based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, we can assist. We may also be able to help clients qualify for expedited processing, and reduce the wait time from 18 months to less than 6 weeks (article link here).

In a similar matter, albeit not in Taiwan, we recently assisted an U.S. citizen and his same-sex spouse, who were married in the U.S. but living in Asia, in an expedited filing (I-130) directly with the U.S. consulate in Hong Kong. The expedited filing was accepted primarily based on a job transfer back to the U.S. After the filing was accepted, the U.S. citizen interviewed and his petition was approved in two days. The spouse then completed visa processing and received his visa (CR-1) three days after interviewing.  The whole process, which included some delays in document collection because of client work and travel, took about 3 months.

For clients in Taiwan, or anywhere else in Asia, in similar situations – be it a job transfer or medical emergency – we are confident that we can replicate results for expedited processing if the appropriate documentation is available. If expedited processing is for some reason not an option, we can also assist in filing the required paperwork with USCIS in the United States. This, of course, takes longer.

If you are interested in more information on our services, please contact us at info@enterimmi.com or +886-2-2521-9398 and arrange to speak with one of our experienced U.S. immigration consultants or attorneys.