A USCIS Form I-130 is a Petition for Alien Relative. A U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) is eligible to petition his or her foreign spouse to immigrate to the United States.

Along with a Form I-130 and accompanying Form I-130A, supporting documentation is also submitted when the petition is filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). These include the following:

  • Copy of the U.S. Citizens passport or if the petitioner is a green card holder, a copy of their green card and foreign passport.
  • U.S. size passport photos of the petitioner and beneficiary.
  • Copy of the foreign spouse’s passport.
  • Copy of the foreign spouse’s birth certificate.
  • Marriage certificate between the petitioner and foreign spouse.
  • Copies of previous marriage terminations from the petitioner or beneficiary (divorce or annulment decrees or death certificates).
  • Copies of birth certificates of children born between the petitioner and beneficiary.
  • Family photos of the petitioner and beneficiary taken over the course of their relationship.

All documentation submitted to USCIS must be translated into English if the original document is in a foreign language. For more information or questions regarding the required documentation in petitioning a foreign spouse, contact us today at info@enterimmi.com and speak with a U.S. immigration attorney in Ho Chi Minh City, Manila and Taipei.

Copyright 2021. This article is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This article may be changed with or without notice. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the Enterline Immigration only.